- The Centre offers two daily practice sessions, open to all :
• 7 a. m. Tara practice
• 6 p. m.Chenrezig and Mahakala practices
- Other practices are carried out at auspicious times during the month, according to the Tibetan lunar calendar (each Tibetan month starts with the new moon):
8th lunar day
Sangye Menla, the Medicine Buddha’s day
10th lunar day :
Guru Padmasambhava’s day
15th lunar day
full moon, Buddha Amitabha’s day
25th lunar day
30th lunar day
new moon, Buddha Shakyamuni’s day:
* practices according to Shakya Shri’s texts
- It is possible to request prayers for people who have just died or for those in great diﬃculties.
The donations made then will be dedicated to the lamp oﬀ erings that accompany the practice. See page Prayer request.
The Centre celebrates the important events of the Tibetan calendar by practices accompanied by Tsok and lamp offerings.
- Losar : the Tibetan New Year
- Düchen mark the major events of Buddha Shakyamuni’s life and bear a distinctive blessing.
commemorates the first 15 days of the year during which Lord Buddha performed a miracle each day to arouse devotion and increase the merits of the non-disciples.
anniversary of the day when Buddha Shakyamuni gave the teaching on Kalachakra (Wheel of Time).
anniversary of Buddha Shakyamuni’s birth.
anniversary of the day when the Buddha turned the Dharma Wheel for the fi rst time.
Lhumsu Zhugpei Düchen
anniversary of the day when the Buddha miraculously entered the womb of his mother, queen Mayadevi.
anniversary of the day when the Buddha came back from the world of the gods, after teaching there.
- The anniversaries of the Parinirvanas of the lineage’s main Masters.
- The anniversaries of His Holiness the Twelfth Gyalwang Drukpa and of Kyabje Thuksey Rinpoche
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s birthday on the 6th of July